Anything to search?

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Jedi Studies 101.-Lesson 3: Core Ethics Part 2

Respect the law & defense assignment

1.-What is my experience with defense (physical, mediation and/or conflict resolution)?
Well, as a member of my high school’s student council, I’ve learned a lot about mediation and conflict resolution and I’ve helped to resolve some ... let's say...disagreements between teachers and students. About physical defense, well, I know how to defend myself from a couple of punches or kicks, but nothing more. I’ve always wanted to learn some martial arts, but my mother wouldn’t let me, and know I don’t have the time nor the money to go to an academy.

2.-Could I intervene in a skilled manner?
Verbally, I think I can be helpful in many situations, but, apart from some young sister-little cousin conflicts, my daughter-father arguments, some (quite strong) arguments between friends and the student council, I’ve never tried to intervene in a serious situation. I've always thought that sometimes it is better to let people work out their differences without intervention. Physically, I think it would be better if I didn’t try to help, for me and for the rest of the people ;)

3.-What areas do I feel are most important to train in over the coming five years or so?
I’d like to learn about martial arts and self-defense, because my knowledge about that area is lacking. But, as always, I’m open to learn as much as the world can teach me, so learning more things about mediation and conflict resolution will be nice, too.

4.-Am I familiar with my legal rights and protection?
Well, I literally know nothing about this area. I really need to work on this :)

Action assignment: choosing when to act


I found this really interesting. The next time I have to decide to help or not to help another person, I will post the experience here. But I’ve realised that I’ve done this a lot of times, maybe not about helping or not helping another person, but when I have to make an important decision, I think I instinctively seek the answer in the Force. Sometimes there is an answer that kind of “shines” when I close my eyes, other everything seems confused in the beginning, but after some time everything seems to become clearer and I can see the “shining” decision in my mind. And it has proven really effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment